Project HighlightCity of Tacoma ADA Survey of City Owned Buildings -
E&A completed the project 2/16/07, ADA Surveys of 74 City Buildings that include the Tacoma Dome, Cheney Stadium, high rise Municipal Building, Libraries, Fire Stations, Community Centers, Training Facilities and other unique buildings. As always, E&A used our proven Survey SolutionsTM Software.See more project highlights...
"To provide accessibility consulting, project management, and code compliance services, with objective interpretations and a risk management approach."
The Recession - Challenges, the Near Future, and Compliance
Although the recession has dramatically reduced the development, design, and construction of new buildings, a few important issues remain:Read more...
Welcome to Endelman & Associates
Endelman & Associates PLLC (E&A), a consulting firm headed by William E. Endelman, AIA, is a rather unique firm of Architects (licensed in WA, CA, AZ, and NCARB certificated) specializing in accessibility consulting, ADA compliance, and Fair Housing Act compliance. Our focus is on problem solving in to meet accessibility standards, to include the ADA, the Fair Housing Act "safe harbors", the International Building Codes, the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standard, Architectural Barriers Act, Universal Design and other Codes. E&A has served over 600 clients, most of whom are ongoing clients. Using best practices learned from experience and computer technologies, our clients receive high value solutions from the following Consulting Services:
The new 2010 Standards for Accessibility, including new supplementary design requirements and some new Regulations are now mandatory as of 3/15/12. It replaces the 1991 Standards / original "ADAAG” technical standards dated 7/1/94.
Among the significant new Regulations is "Housing at a Place of Education" for housing operated by or for the benefit of educational instructions. This can have a large design impact, as it is much more stringent and requires greater quantities of accessible units than the typical IBC / ANSI A117.1 Type A units.
There are many implications of these changes that E&A can assist you with.
Please Contact us for more information on how the 2010 ADA Standards will affect your public accommodation and public sector projects and facilities.
Our Consulting Services
- ADA Consulting including Building Code Accessibility Compliance and Universal Design - Helping Owners and Architects make their "public accommodation" facilities legally ADA compliant and accessible, and public entities to attain program accessibility. We do ADA Inspections to help you meet ADA Regulations.
- Fair Housing Act Consulting - All multiunit residential apartment and condominium buildings of 4 or more units built for first occupancy after March 13, 1991 must comply with the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988. Services include plan reviews, FHA Surveys, construction observation, and due diligence surveys.
- Expert Witness Services and Litigation Consulting - E&A is an FHA Expert and ADA expert, providing expert witness services for Defendants, Plaintiffs, and enforcing agencies.
- Project Management and Owner's Representation - Assisting your company by coordinating accessibility renovation program, from contract to contractors.
- Training on Practical ADA & FHA Compliance for architects, contractors, developers & public entities.
- Customized Facility Services and Assessments - E&A can develop and implement unique assessments and systems such as - ATM Lighting Compliance Surveys. California CASp inspection services available.
Endelman & Associates PLLC (a Professional Limited Liability Company) is dedicated to the highest levels of customer value. In addition to having the requisite expertise, we are responsive and support our clients. We listen and solve problems.