"The market buildings are hard to track for those of us that work here on a regular basis, and very challenging for all of our visitors…The survey was very thorough, and included suggestions of how to tackle the numerous complex issues that challenge an older historic facility…We would highly recommend Endelman & Associates for any ADA survey work due to their high level of skill in this area, and their professional attitude."
Rob Hyman, Capital Projects Coordinator, Pike Place MarketRead more...
W. Bart Sanderson
Senior Accessibility Consultant
Mr. Sanderson has an architectural background, and has extensive (seven years) Americans with Disabilities Act Survey experience. He is an experienced project manager. His ADA Survey experience includes participation in surveys as large and complex as the University of Arizona, which has 10 million square feet of facilities. He has surveyed an extremely wide range of building types, applying his architectural knowledge. He participated in the development of custom ADA survey software.
Mr. Sanderson was also the Facilities Surveyor for the Wake County School District (in North Carolina) Building Conditions Survey. This facility survey evaluated deficiencies in finishes, structural, and life safety issues.
Mr. Sanderson has been project manager and technical designer for numerous tenant improvement renovation projects for clients, including Key Bank. He is also proficient in CADD.
Other accomplishments include winning First Place in the Alabama Masonry Design Competition, and receipt of an achievement based scholarship for superior academic performance, nominated by the Director of Graduate Programs and Research, University of Arizona.
Mr. Sanderson has been the Principal of his own firm, Rain City Design, specializing in residential projects.
Mr. Sanderson has worked closely with Mr. Endelman, both for Endelman & Associates PLLC and with other employers, on many projects over the past six years, and has joined the firm as a Staff Consultant.
Education, Licenses, Boards, & Affiliations
- Masters in Architecture, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1992
- Bachelors of Architecture, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 1990
- Washington Architectural licensure in progress
Significant Architectural & Project Management Projects
- Pike Place Market - ADA Surveyor for survey of twelve historic buildings of the famous tourist destination.
- Key Bank, Oregon ADA Survey - Project Manager and ADA surveyor for 65 branches
- City of San Diego, CA ADA Survey - Surveyor for the City’s ADA survey project consisting of over 3 million square feet of buildings
- Key Bank, Washington ADA Survey 56 Acquisition Branches - Project Manager, cost estimator, design, and ADA surveyor for 65 branches
- Wake County Public Schools Building Condition Survey, Raleigh, North Carolina - Facility condition surveyor to evaluate building conditions and deficiencies for the District’s buildings
- University of Arizona ADA Compliance Surveys, Tucson AZ - Compliance surveyor for 10 million square feet of campus facilities. Assisted in developing the custom survey application. Wrote comprehensive building reports.
- Key Bank - Various Tenant Improvement Projects - Project Manager for numerous financial institution tenant improvement projects
- King County Parks Accessibility Study, Washington - Senior ADA Surveyor for project consisting of 101 neighborhood parks, regional parks, and trail systems. This project is unique in utilizing the proposed technical standards for developed outdoor recreation facilities, in addition to ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
- City of Tacoma - ADA Survey of 74 Buiodings; lead consultant
- FHA Accessibility Design Reviews for multiple FHA projects by Humphreys and Partners Architects, JG Johnson Architects and other developers and architects.
- FHA / ADA Surveys for Due Diligence for acquisitions of multiunit housing properties for EQR.
- The Cosmopolitan - Lead consultant for hotel and casino project in Las Vegas.
- Echelon, Las Vegas - Lead consultant for hotel / casino project with 5 hotel operators. Contruction on hold.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle - Lead consultant for survey of 20 hospital, clinic an dother facilities.
- Seattle Housing Authority - Consultant and PM for UFAS surveys of accessible units and common use areas for compliance with HUD Voluntary Compliance Agreement (VCA)
- FHA Accessibility Design Reviews and Site Observation for multiple FHA projects developed by Equity Residential, AvalonBay Communities, Inc, Wood Partners, Sares-Regis and other national developers.