ICC Accessibility Inspector / Plan Examiner
Ms. Meldrum is an experienced architect with over 30 years’ experience. The majority of her work has been hands on, in the field during construction. Her Construction Administrator position at Streeter & Assoc. Architects put her on site at the Seahawks’ Football Stadium and then at the Central Terminal Expansion Project at SeaTac Airport. Later, she worked for two local contractors as a Project Engineer, building mixed use apartment buildings in the Seattle area. All of these projects put her right in front of accessibility issues, which she addressed first in project specific submittals, then during construction.
Since the Americans with Disabilities Act was signed into law in 1990, accessibility design has been a personal journey for Jody. A close relative was declared wheelchair dependent at an early age, coinciding with when ADA was introduced. Implementing accessibility in design and construction continues to play a significant and personal role in her work as an Architect.
- Associates degree in Applied Sciences, State University of New York at Delhi
- Licensed Architect - State of Texas, 1991
- Licensed Architect, State of Washington, Registration #9585
- LEED AP, 2010
- ICC Certified Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner 2020
FHA / ADA / IBC-ANSI / UFAS Accessibility Design Reviews and Site Observations for multi-unit residential projects for significant clients including: Leeb Architects, Inland Construction, VIA Architecture, Marathon Management, Zarsion America, Mill Creek Residential Trust, The Architects Office, Cox Kliewer, Tiscareno Architects, Ryn Built Homes, Olson Projects, Ovation, and others.
She has performed ADA Surveys using E&A’s Survey Solutions software for projects including
- University of Washington, Seattle WA – ADA Campus wide survey of all campus exterior entries
- City of Sammamish – ADA survey of all Public Parks and Buildings
- City of Mercer Island – ADA survey of all Public Parks and Buildings
- Northwest Carpenters Institute – ADA survey of a training facility in Burlington, WA