Mr. Bishop has known Mr. Endelman personally and professionally for over twenty-five years, and worked with Mr. Endelman on accessibility projects both with Endelman & Associates PLLC and Heery International Inc for over nine years. Paul L. Bishop is part of the extended Endelman & Associates PLLC Consulting team, enabling additional specialty expertise and expanded geographical coverage.
Mr. Bishop is Principal of Paul L. Bishop , an architecture firm specializing in accessibility, code consulting, small commercial and residential architecture, and technical services. Mr. Bishop has more than 37 years of experience in the architectural profession, and has worked on both the corporate/ client side of the team and as a consultant. His corporate work experience includes Bank of America, Security pacific Bank, HomeFed Bank, and Pacific Gas and Electric Company. He has been involved in numerous projects including new construction, reconstruction, remodeling and rehabilitation. His technical expertise is well evidenced by his performing constructability reviews of construction documents for many clients.
Mr. Bishop has significant experience in Americans With Disabilities Act and California Title 24 compliance. Projects include facility surveys of 165 sites for the City of San Diego, preparation of a Transition Plan for the Del Mar Fairgrounds, a campus-wide survey for the University of California, San Diego and a survey of 131 sites for the County of San Diego.
He has provided expert witness services for a number of ADA-related lawsuits, for both plaintiffs and defendants. Mr. Bishop has also taught several classes on the ADA, as well as Building Codes and Construction.
<li>Bachelor of Arts, Architecture, 1973</li>
<li>University of California, Berkeley, CA</li>
<li>California - CASp #044 - Certified Access Specialist - 2009</li>
<li>Licensed Architect, California, C11203</li>
<li>Licensed Architect, Arizona, 31039</li>
<li>National Council of Architectural Registration Board, 44494</li>
<li>National Council of Interior Design Qualification, 11506</li>
<li>Licensed California Real Estate Broker (Inactive)</li>
Representative ADA / Accessibility Projects:
- City of San Diego, CA (3)
- ADA/Title 24 survey of 165 facilities comprising over 3.2 million square feet. Facilities included Jack Murphy Stadium, Civic Theater, Golden Hall & City Administration Building.
- County of San Diego, CA (1)
- ADA/Title 24 survey of 131 facilities comprising 2.2 million square feet. Facilities included jails, parks, sheriff stations, libraries and social service offices.
- University of California, San Diego, LaJolla, CA
- ADA/Title 24 survey of 60 campus facilities, comprising almost 1.5 million square feet. Facilities included classrooms, athletic complexes, student centers, theaters and libraries.
- Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, CA(3)
ADA / California Title 24 Survey and Transition Plans.
- Promote La Jolla, La Jolla, CA(3)
- ADA survey of public right-of-way improvements for a ten block area of downtown La Jolla.
- Port of San Diego, CA(1)
- ADA/Title 24 document review for Lindbergh Field East Terminal expansion and remodel.
Expert Witness Experience - Accessibility
Mr. Bishop has performed investigative and expert witness services for almost 50 cases for a half dozen attorneys, acting both for the plaintiff and defendant. As part of these services, he has performed ADA Surveys as part of these services for practically all of these cases.
(1) Individual experience as Project Manager with Whitmore & Associates Architects
(2) Individual experience as Project Architect with Krommenhoek-McKeown & Associates
(3) Individual experience as Project Manager with Heery International, Inc.
Representative Architectural Projects:
Hilton Hotel Renovation, San Diego, California ($2.6 M)(2)
Sunrise Glen Condominiums, El Cajon, California ($900 K)
Amistar Corporation, San Marcos, California ($2.4 M)(2)
HomeFed Bank, West Hills, California ($300 K)
Taco Bell, Oceanside, California ($250 K)
Reuben H. Fleet Space Theatre, San Diego, California ($900 K)