“I have a strong confidence when Endelman & Associates is on our project team. The code for accessibility and the interpretation of that code requires an expert and the team at Endelman provide that with proven experience.”
“Working with a consultant for accessibility not only requires someone who has a strong knowledge of the codes and how they will be interpreted, but also has the ability to work with us through our phases of design and into construction. Their ability to understand our work and communicate clearly their review is critical as we progress from concept design to keys in the door.”
Kevin Johnson, Principal
GBD Architects IncorporatedRead more...
Endelman & Associates PLLC periodically has opportunities for a well qualified, enthusiastic people to join our team. We also often partner with other consultants, especially for large projects, and are always interested in learning about opportunities to work together. Please feel free to contact us.
POSITION RECENTLY FILLED:
ADA / Fair Housing Act / Accessibility Code Consultant - A Career Development Opportunity
Endelman & Associates PLLC (E&A) is a nationally recognized 8 person firm specializing in Accessibility Consulting / ADA-FHA Compliance, with a risk management approach, for Developers, Owners, Architects, Public Entities, and Attorneys. Our clients are very high quality companies and entities, with the majority of our work currently being multifamily housing and mixed use project compliance.
This is not a Design or CADD position; E&A does not practice traditional architecture. Learn a new specialty expertise. This is a true career growth opportunity for the right person to become a Senior Accessibility Consultant.
After another record business year in 2015, we are now prepared to expand our capacity to meet national client needs. This creates a rare opportunity for the right person to channel their A/E or Code background into a specialty Consulting field.
ADA / FHA / Code Consultant tasks:
- Perform ADA / Fair Housing Act / Code Plan Reviews for accessibility compliance using multiple simultaneous standards and various building codes.
- Perform Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing Act, and IBC Ch. 11 surveys and periodic accessibility construction site observations.
- Direct client contact and project management.
- General email, meeting, and phone consultation to clients.
Last year we worked on projects in 26 states, and travel is required for field work. Consultant will travel regionally and nationally to multi-unit housing and commercial sites, to perform Code, FHA, and ADA Surveys, and complete detailed reports. Travel typically varies from 1 to 3 day trips per month. All expenses paid by firm.
We will extensively train and support you for ADA – FHA – Accessibility Code survey and plan review standards, field measurement techniques, use of our custom ADA Survey Solutions Software and FHA survey and plan review system.
- A/E background with 5 – 20 years’ experience. Excellent references required.
- Significant travel required. Work in our downtown Seattle offices. Must have a current WA driver’s license with good driving record, and pass background checks.
- Demonstrated ADA / FHA / IBC, or other building code (especially California) working knowledge required
- Multifamily housing project knowledge very desirable.
- Architecture License desirable
- Skills: Detail orientation, independent in field, thoroughness, general architectural / construction knowledge, must have excellent writing & communication skills internally and with clients, focused multi-task skills, and strong office software computer literacy. Looking for fast learner, and someone who can work self-sufficiently, but who thrives in a collaborative environment.
Employment opportunity includes salary, excellent bonus structure, Health Insurance, and 401K Plan.
SEND RESUME, & COVER LETTER via e-mail to email@example.com