"I am copying Bill on this message, although my words of praise will not adequately advise him about the ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT job you did on the phone today. You explained every issue and answered every one of my questions (mostly idiotic, but maybe some that were okay) in a way not only that I understood, but in a way that explained the relationship between the matter and the rules in question and described the thought process that went into the report, which went far beyond a mere recitation of compliance requirements, but included the steps you and Bill took to provide common sense and well-reasoned remediation steps to achieve compliance without unnecessary waste of my Client's dollars. I could not have asked for anything better than what I received today. Thank you for your patience and your communication skills." -
Paul Elkin, AttorneyRead more...
Endelman & Associates PLLC periodically has opportunities for a well qualified, enthusiastic people to join our team. We also often partner with other consultants, especially for large projects, and are always interested in learning about opportunities to work together. Please feel free to contact us.
POSITION RECENTLY FILLED:
ADA / Fair Housing Act / Accessibility Code Consultant - A Career Development Opportunity
Endelman & Associates PLLC (E&A) is a nationally recognized 8 person firm specializing in Accessibility Consulting / ADA-FHA Compliance, with a risk management approach, for Developers, Owners, Architects, Public Entities, and Attorneys. Our clients are very high quality companies and entities, with the majority of our work currently being multifamily housing and mixed use project compliance.
This is not a Design or CADD position; E&A does not practice traditional architecture. Learn a new specialty expertise. This is a true career growth opportunity for the right person to become a Senior Accessibility Consultant.
After another record business year in 2015, we are now prepared to expand our capacity to meet national client needs. This creates a rare opportunity for the right person to channel their A/E or Code background into a specialty Consulting field.
ADA / FHA / Code Consultant tasks:
- Perform ADA / Fair Housing Act / Code Plan Reviews for accessibility compliance using multiple simultaneous standards and various building codes.
- Perform Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing Act, and IBC Ch. 11 surveys and periodic accessibility construction site observations.
- Direct client contact and project management.
- General email, meeting, and phone consultation to clients.
Last year we worked on projects in 26 states, and travel is required for field work. Consultant will travel regionally and nationally to multi-unit housing and commercial sites, to perform Code, FHA, and ADA Surveys, and complete detailed reports. Travel typically varies from 1 to 3 day trips per month. All expenses paid by firm.
We will extensively train and support you for ADA – FHA – Accessibility Code survey and plan review standards, field measurement techniques, use of our custom ADA Survey Solutions Software and FHA survey and plan review system.
- A/E background with 5 – 20 years’ experience. Excellent references required.
- Significant travel required. Work in our downtown Seattle offices. Must have a current WA driver’s license with good driving record, and pass background checks.
- Demonstrated ADA / FHA / IBC, or other building code (especially California) working knowledge required
- Multifamily housing project knowledge very desirable.
- Architecture License desirable
- Skills: Detail orientation, independent in field, thoroughness, general architectural / construction knowledge, must have excellent writing & communication skills internally and with clients, focused multi-task skills, and strong office software computer literacy. Looking for fast learner, and someone who can work self-sufficiently, but who thrives in a collaborative environment.
Employment opportunity includes salary, excellent bonus structure, Health Insurance, and 401K Plan.
SEND RESUME, & COVER LETTER via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org