Endelman & Associates PLLC has been selected for two consecutive years as one of Washington's Best Workplaces. Our employees like working here, and they are the ones who make our firm successful to our clients.
JOIN THE TEAM: Endelman & Associates PLLC periodically has opportunities for well-qualified, enthusiastic people to join our team. We also often partner with other consultants, especially for large projects, and are always interested in learning about opportunities to work together. Please feel free to contact us.
ADA / Fair Housing Act / Accessibility Code Consultant - A Career Development Opportunity
We are still growing. Endelman & Associates PLLC (E&A) is a nationally recognized 12-person firm specializing in Accessibility Consulting / ADA-FHA Compliance, with a risk management approach, for developers, owners, architects, public entities, and attorneys. Our clients are high quality companies and entities, with most of our work currently being multi-family housing and mixed use project compliance.
This is not a Design or CADD position; E&A does not practice traditional architecture. Learn a new specialty expertise. This is a true career growth opportunity for the right person to become a Senior Accessibility Consultant in our 26-year-old consultancy.
We are projecting another successful business year in 2024, so we are once more prepared to expand our capacity to meet national client needs. This creates a rare opportunity for the right person to channel their A/E or Code background into a specialty Consulting field.
ADA / FHA / Code Consultant tasks:
- Perform ADA / Fair Housing Act / Code Plan Reviews for accessibility compliance using multiple simultaneous standards and various building codes.
- Perform Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing Act, and IBC Ch. 11 / other Code surveys and periodic accessibility construction site observations.
- Direct client contact and project management.
- General email, meeting, and phone consultation to clients.
We work on projects in about 25 states per year, and travel is required for field work. Consultant will work in our office and travel regionally and nationally to multi-unit housing and commercial sites, to perform Code, FHA, and ADA Surveys, and complete detailed reports. Travel typically varies from 1 to 3 one or two day trips per month. All expenses paid by firm.
We will extensively train and support you for ADA – FHA – Accessibility Code survey and plan review standards, field measurement techniques, use of our custom ADA Survey Solutions Software, and FHA survey and plan review system.
- A/E background with 5 – 20 years’ experience. Excellent references required.
- Significant travel required. Work in our downtown Seattle offices. Must have a current driver’s license with good driving record, and pass background checks.
- Demonstrated ADA / FHA / IBC, or other building code (especially California) working knowledge required
- Multifamily housing project knowledge very desirable.
- Architecture License desirable
- Skills: Detail oriented, independent in field, thoroughness, confidence, general architectural / construction knowledge, ability to negotiate construction sites, must have excellent writing & communication skills internally and with clients, focused multi-task skills, and strong office software computer literacy. Looking for eager learner, and someone who thrives in a collaborative environment.
Our Culture is based upon employee respect, mentoring, professionalism, collaboration, work-life balance, employee satisfaction and growth, camaraderie, and humor. We were awarded as one of the Washington Best Places to Work in 2020 and 2021.
Employment opportunity includes salary, excellent bonus structure, fully employer-paid Health Insurance, and 401K Plan.
SEND RESUME WITH COVER LETTER, & COMPENSATION RANGE DESIRED via e-mail to
Michael B Schneider, Principal