Michael B. Schneider, AIA, CASp, Principal
Mr. Schneider joined Endelman & Associates PLLC (E&A) in 2012 and is now a Principal / Owner of the firm. His responsibilities include business development, client management, administrative management, and technical work on plan reviews and property condition assessments. As a licensed Architect, he has over 30 years Project Management experience, working specifically with various building codes and accessibility compliance. He has performed millions of sq. ft. of ADA Surveys, extensive plan reviews and construction site observations.
Between 2009 and 2012, he was principal of Commonwealth Development, PLLC, an architecture, construction, and real estate consulting firm. Services included property condition assessments, accessibility consulting, insurance and construction claims, project management, and value engineering. Prior employment includes Vice President and Regional Manager at Marx/Okubo for 11 years, and Director of Architecture at Heery International for 9 years.
- Licensed Architect in California (1983), Washington (1992), and Oregon (2008)
- Post Graduate Certificate, Housing for the Developing Countries – École Polytechnique Fédérale, Lausanne, Switzerland (1980)
- Master of Architecture, University of Illinois (1978)
- Master of Business Administration, University of Illinois (1979)
- BA in Architecture, University of Illinois (1976)
- California - CASp (Certified Access Specialist) #583
- Member American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Society of American Value Engineers, SAVE International
- United States Green Building Council, LEED Accredited Professional
- YMCA of Greater Seattle, Board of Managers, Facilities Committee
- St. Andrew’s Housing Group, Board Member, Asset Management Committee
- Confidential Client Large ADA Survey Project - ADA Surveys for Accessibility Compliance of 14 properties in California, including high-rise office buildings, retail shopping centers, industrial buildings and other buildings. Buildings were as large as 1.5 million sq. ft. Proposed solutions included meeting the more stringent 2010 California Building Code as applicable.
- Wood Partners - Project Manager / Senior Consultant for the FHA / ADA Accessibility Survey and report for Alta Roxbury in Dallas, TX, a 240 unit multifamily apartment project.
- Confidential Client - Performed a site visit of a multi-unit housing property to “shadow” a DOJ designated FHA / ADA Consultant, who was performing an FHA / ADA Survey of representative units and common use areas at the particular point in the construction as part of a DOJ lawsuit. The purpose of this task was to provide our client, who was in the middle of a real estate transaction, an early alert (due diligence) to items that DOJ believes to be non-compliant.
- Simpson Housing – Accessibly Site observation survey for compliance with the FHA / ADA / OSSC of The Matisse in Portland, OR, a 274 unit multifamily apartment project.
- American Realty Advisors – Site survey for compliance with FHA / ADA of a confidential 186 unit multifamily housing project in Houston, TX. Following the site survey, an estimate of costs to correct the deficiencies was prepared.
- Inland Construction – Accessibility Design Reviews of multiple senior housing project in Spokane, Tacoma, Boise, Lafayette, CO. The review evaluated whether the design conformed to Fair Housing, the 2010 Americas with Disabilities Act Standard, ANSI, and the 2009 International Building Code with Washington Amendments (WAC 51-50).
- Confidential Hotel Client – Performed ADA Surveys using both 2010 ADA Standards and 1991 Standards with E&A as sub-consultant to Evan Terry Associates for 10 hotel properties to date in multiple states.
- Equity Residential – Due Diligence FHA / ADA Surveys of two apartment buildings in Los Angeles
- Humphreys & Partners, Architects - multiple Accessibility Design Reviews (plan reviews)