Soo Park, Associate, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
ICC Accessibility Inspector / Plans Examiner
Ms. Park, Associate, is an experienced architect with over 22 years of experience, 12 of which were as an architect and medical planner at NBBJ. She has extensive accessibility consulting project experience with E&A for projects of varying sizes. She has performed plan reviews and site observations in multi-unit housing, hospitality, commercial, government, medical centers, and other facilities.
Ms. Park’s background includes a specialty in healthcare architecture consulting, a very complicated and technical building type, including: programming / space planning, project coordination with clients, consultants, and government agencies, production / coordination of documentation for permitting, equipment research / coordination, mock-ups of specialty spaces, and project management.
Representative Architectural Projects
- Swedish Medical Center, Seattle - Gossman Center for Advanced Pediatric and Perinatal Simulation
- Swedish Medical Center, Seattle - Orthopedic Institute (Architectural Showcase, Citation of Merit, 2009 - Healthcare Design Magazine)
- Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA - Center for HyperbaricMedicine (Award of Mention in Healthcare, 2005 Pacific NW Chapter IIDA)
- Master of Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology 1998
- Bachelor of Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology 1996
- Licensed Architect - State of Washington, Registration # 8580
- Member American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional (AP)
- ICC Accessibility Inspector / Plans Examiner
- Virginia Mason Medical Center ADA Survey multiple healthcare facilities - ADA Surveyor Coordinator at NBBJ (NBBJ with Endelman & Associates as sub-consultants)
- FHA / ADA Surveyor for Asher Investments, Littleton, CO – Vistas at Stoney Creek, Littleton, CO
- ADA / UFAS Survey - 4 properties for Cheney Real Estate Management, Cheney WA pursuant to USDA and HUD requirements
- FHA / ADA / IBC-ANSI (& CA codes) Accessibility Design Reviews / Accessibility Consultant for multi-unit residential projects for Wood Partners, Inland Construction, Equity Residential, AvalonBay Communities, Inc., The Architects Office, Lincoln Property Co, The Wolff Co., Holland Construction, GGLO, USAA Real Estate Co., Simpson Housing, and Humphreys & Partners Architects in WA, OR, CA, ID, NC, FL, VA, NV, MT, TX, and CO
- City of Bellevue Phase II ADA Surveys – ADA Surveyor for 2 large City parks
- Accessibility Site Observations - Holland Construction projects, Northwestern Mutual, Wood Partners, Equity Residential, AvalonBay Communities, Inc., USAA, PIne Forest Properties, and MM Properties in multiple states.
- ADA Survey - REI - Seattle Flagship Store, Seattle