Steve Dombrowski, Associate, AIA
Texas Registered Accessibility Specialist
California Certified Access Specialist (CASp)
Mr. Dombrowski, an Associate, is an experienced architect with over 10 years’ experience, three of which were as an architect at GGLO and three at KMD. His experience includes his role as project architect / technical architect, significant field and construction contract administration experience, as well as project and team management experience. He thrives on client, consultant, and contractor interaction. He has experience in mixed-use multifamily housing, mental health, laboratory, healthcare / hospital, justice, and Federal building types. He has excellent experience performing ADA Surveys, FHA / ADA / Code Accessibility Design Reviews, and Accessibility Site Observations during construction.
- Business Administration Certificate - University of Washington, WA - 2018
- MArch. - North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC - 2004
- B.F.A. Printmaking - University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM – 1998
- Licensed Architect - State of Washington, Registration #10787
Certifications & Affiliations:
- Member American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- AIA Seattle Code Committee, Seattle, WA - Chair 9/2018 - 9/2021
- AIA WA Council, Seattle, WA - 7/2012 -7/2014 - Chair, Disaster Preparedness and Response Committee
- SEED (Social, Economic, Environmental Design), SEED Network, Design Corps - 3/2012
- Architecture for Humanity Seattle, Seattle, WA - 4/2011 - 7/2013 - Chair, Founding Member
- Texas Registered Accessibility Specialist
- California Certified Access Specialist (CASp)
- ICC Accessibility Inspector / Plans Examiner
- FHA / ADA / IBC-ANSI Accessibility Design Reviews for multi-unit residential projects for Wood Partners, Inland Construction, Ovation, GGLO Architects, AvalonBay Communities Inc., Lincoln Property Company, MCRT, Humphreys & Partners, Path America, and others.
- FHA / ADA / California Building Code (CBC) - Accessibility Site Observations for multi-unit residential projects in California.
- Third party consultant for a DOJ lawsuit involving multiple senior housing properties throughout the Southeastern US .